biz reg no : 53235526A

Students Testimonials

more to be updated soon


Towards the end of secondary 2, my mathematics results were not satisfying; knowing that I had to take up additional mathematics the following year, I was worried that I could not catch up with the syllabus and decided to look for a mathematics tutor who would be able to guide me along the way. After trying out a couple of teachers, I finally came across Ms. Ang whom I felt comfortable being around with. A patient and caring teacher, she has the gifted ability to help and guide every student to cater to their learning needs. She delivers her lessons in a comprehensive manner that is easy to understand. Under her constant guidance, I did consistently well for my additional mathematics. She is also a humble person who is always willing to lend a helping hand, and even helped me with my elementary mathematics even though I was not officially enrolled into the class. I’m truly blessed and grateful for having a tutor like Ms. Ang and although it has been 3 years since my graduation as an O’ levels student, I will never fail to remember her kind efforts. Thank you Ms. Ang, for being an important part of my journey through secondary school.
Regards,
Anna
Anna Lai
Crescent Girls School


I was first introduced to Ms Ang's tuition class when I was in secondary 3. My sister, who was also in her class for A-Maths two years before me, suggested that I seek help from Ms Ang, I was failing my A-Maths and barely passing my E-Maths. I was falling behind the school's syllabus and did not really pay much attention in class. Ms Ang did not give up on me. She assured me that my grades would definitely improve as long as I am willing to put in effort in my studies.
During my secondary 3 mid-year exams, I failed all of my tests and exams for A-Maths. I did not pay much attention to my grades. It was only a few months before my secondary 4 prelim examination that I realised how little time I had before my 'O' Levels. During this period, Ms Ang did not lose faith in me. She encouraged me not to give up and I started put in effort in my studies. My grades improved in the preliminary examination. I realised maths wasn't really as difficult as it seemed to be and thus gained interest in learning.
Two months before my 'O' Levels, Ms Ang patiently taught me from the basic by focusing on ten-year series papers. I attained an A2 for E-Maths and B3 for A-maths in my 'O' Levels. Though my result may not sound impressive, I am contented as without the help and encouragement from Ms Ang, I am pretty sure I would have failed or given up on A-Maths. It's been more than 2 years since I graduated from secondary school, Ms Ang is one of the best teachers I have had. I am really grateful to her. The time, effort and patience she had put in to coach me during my 'O' Levels is beyond words.
Thank you, Ms Ang, for all that you have done for me!

P.S. To all the secondary school students taking 'O' Levels : As long as you have a positive attitude towards Maths, Ms Ang would be more than willing to help you to excel in Mathematics.
Sincerely
Cheng Chong

Poh Cheng Chong
Ngee Ann Secondary





I am very proud to say tat I was from joyln maths hub tuition. The
tuition was very effective as the teaching style suited well to my
learning abilities. Before I joined the tuition I felt that my grades
wouldn't jump so high as maths was one of my poor subjects. With the
help and the patience of the teacher I am well satisfied with my
grades. I would like to thank Miss joyln for her efforts.


Jasmin Kaur

Commonwealth Secondary




Before I went to joyln hub tuition I was really weak in both my maths and I really needed to pull up my grades from a pass. When I started going for her tuition , within a couple of months I learned many good techniques in solving the problems as she always made me see the difficult question in a simpler way. When O-Levels neared I had completely overcome my fears and I achieved my distinction. I am very thankful for Miss joyln’s help and would encourage students who are facing difficulties in their maths to go for her tuition.

Ashwin
Commonwealth Secondary




I was a student at Jolyn MATHSHUB since I was in sec 2. My maths result for primary school was just average. My maths result continue to under perform when I was in secondary school. Although nothing much change for a period of time after I was taught under Ms Ang, she was still very patient and determined to help me improve my grades. Despite getting most of my questions wrong, she would go through every single wrong question till I understand.She would also correct me if I did not present my answers clearly. This is not something that everyone would be capable of doing for such a long period of time. In class, she would regularly check on my work and correctly me immediately if I made a mistake. However, tides started to change when I was nearing my GCE O Levels. I started to improve drastically and I leaped from a F9 to an unbelievable A2 for my A.Maths in O Levels. Although it was not an A1, the feeling was the same for me. I have to thank Ms Ang for always believing in me and invested so much time and effort to continue to teach me although I may not be performing.



Thank You!

Benedict Goh Qing Wei
Hillgrove Secondary School






Miss Ang has been a great help to me on the field of Additional Mathematics ever since sec 3, where I failed for all tests in that subject continuously. I could not even do basic algebra manipulation properly, nor think of ‘Out of the box’ ways of solving trigonometric proving questions. However, things changed for the better ever since I went to her AMaths class. She is patient when teaching and correcting me, which is the part I like a lot about her. She explains things in a step-by-step approach, and it is nearly impossible to not understand the concept behind the topic when she is around. She also tracks my AMaths grades closely, and also spurs me on to reach for greater heights in the subject. When I received my O level results in January, I was shocked and delighted when I scored a B3 in AMaths! This was a huge improvement from scoring an E8 consistently in Sec3! Really have to thank Ms Ang for mentoring me, as well as urging us to practice, practice, and practice. I would recommend anyone who is facing difficulties in Maths to engage her service, and I can safely say that that person would not regret it.

Thank you Ms Ang! :D


Bryan Chua
Yusof Ishak Secondary school




Ms Ang taught me E and A math for about 2 years. Before she teaches me, my E math results were horrendous and had a lot of misconceptions.Ms Ang was very patient with me and explained those challenging questions to me until i understand.Also,she marks my homework every time and points out all my mistakes,reminding me which topic i need to improve on. There was a period when i always tend to fall asleep during tuition class as i had CCA before that. Ms Ang noticed that i was very tired and changed my lesson to the other day so that i can concentrate more.what a thoughtful teacher!With her detailed teachings, my grades have tremendous improvement. After attending her lessons, i began to realise math was not a difficult subject and i am motivated to excel in my E and A math. Ms Ang, I am really blessed to have such a thoughtful and patient teacher like you ^^

Loh Ting Hui
Bukit Panjang Government High




I started receiving tution for A Maths from Ms Ang around March 2011. At that time, my grades for AM was extremely terrible and I didn't quite get all the sums. Ms Ang has helped me to understand the topics more clearly and prepared me for the O Levels. I had much problem with things such as, proving cronguency and similarity, and Ms Ang was the one that enlightened me. She would give practices for the different topics every week and drill us hard for any upcoming exams. She explains everything clearly and make sures every one of us understands the topic and what she is saying. Useful shortcuts were taught as well. Though the tuition is being held at her home, the environment provided has been extremely conducive and comfortable. I was able to focus on my work everytime I went there, and learn much during the lessons. What matters the most is that she actually helped me to obtain a distinction in the O Levels for AM. Without her, I wouldn't had been able to get that distinction.



Zhi Chao,
Kranji Secondary School 11'




When I first began taking lessons from Miss Ang about 2 years ago, I had failed quite a number of test for Mathematics as I had many misconceptions in Mathematics. However, with Miss Ang's patience and style of teaching, I was able to complete most of the Maths questions she has given to me. She is extremely detailed in her teaching with clear concepts which allows students to understand well. Miss Ang is a very caring teacher who has close rapport with her students. She prepared each tuition lessons with notes and many good practice papers for us to do. She invested her time and energy to improve my Mathematics by marking all the worksheets that I had done. By the next lesson, She would return all the worksheet previously I had done and correct my mistake and presentation right away. Her lessons began to motivate me to practice more and really think about the concepts. She is a very approachable teacher and her encouragement to me makes me determined to do well in my Mathematics. I always look forward to her next lesson. I am really pleased to see my constant, linear progress and improvement in my Mathematics. She is definitely one of my favourite teacher! Her lessons were very enjoyable and it leads me to like Mathematics a lot now. I managed to get B3 for both Emaths and Amaths in 'O'levels. I highly recommend Miss Ang to anyone wanting to improve their Mathematics abilities! Once again, Thank you so much Miss Ang for your help and thoughtfulness would always be remembered in my heart.



Love, Kaylyn Lee


Zhenghua Secondary




I was failing maths at secondary 3. Through a friend, I knew about ms ang and signed up for the tuition classes. She goes through the overview of the lesson before she starts teaching and explains the steps clearly unlike teachers in schools that teaches us Methods but fails to explain how it came about. That pulled me from my failing grades to a b4. She teaches us the best shortcuts that are "right". "right" as in all of them are acceptable in the GCE Olevel marking scheme. These shortcuts were our major stepping stones out of the b4 to b3 range to the a1 to a2 range.

And I emerged with an A1 for both maths for olvl.

Ng Jun Yi


(Kranji Secondary School)


Miss Ang is really a very patient and fun teacher who has very good rapport with her students. I always enjoy going to classes and have certainly benefited tremendously from her guidance. She makes it easier to understand difficult concepts and is extremely detailed in her teaching. After attending her lessons, my grades have improved greatly and I feel more motivated to excel in additional mathematics. She would explain my mistakes and answer my queries until I had understood them. She is truly a very caring and dedicated teacher that changed my attitude towards additional mathematics :) I'll miss you!


Joyce Pang


(Kranji Secondary School)



Ms Ang is indeed a superb teacher whom every student that is drowning in a sea of failing Maths tests requires. When I first joined I was really hopeless in Maths. But under her guidance, I felt that I had a glimpse of hope in doing well for my O Level exams. She was very patient in answering my doubts and even though I may not understand the first time, she would explain it until I understand. She is by far the most caring and cheerful teacher I ever had. Sometimes, we might be afraid to ask questions as we are scared that the teacher might scold us, but fret not, because Ms Ang will never scold you. Also, she is like a friend to me, cheering us up or cracking jokes when she sees that we are tired and stress from studying. During the times that we are racking our brains solving questions from practice papers and we come across a challenging, desperately needing help, just pick up your handphone, snap a picture of the question and Whatsapp or sms Ms Ang. In a few minutes time, you can get a solution with explanations! (even late at night) To me, Ms Ang is a really special teacher and the best one I have known so far, and because of her I have a better grasp of Maths concepts and my grades have improved. She once told me that she is always very glad to be able to share her knowledge of Maths with us. Thank you Ms Ang, I am really blessed to have such an inspiring and thoughtful teacher like you!
Love
Amanda Chiam
(Crescent Girls School)




I admire Ms Ang for her commitment towards her students. Ms Ang stays up late even skipped her meals to help her students. Before I had the honor to have Ms Ang as my math tutor, I had very low self esteem in the way I tackled mathematics questions. It was after I was placed under the guidance of Ms Ang that my self confidence grew significantly. (Especially in my math paper two!)

I was given ample practise and math papers seemed easier to handle each time I attempted them. (Math papers became challenging even demanding at times but gradually I grew to develop positivity even a sense of accomplishment after I completed each question.) I grew to constantly challenge myself to handle questions of different level of difficulty each time I attend her lessons.Maths became a subject that was enjoyable, there were always not enough math papers for me to complete!

Ask Ms Ang and you will know that I always wanted extra papers for homework; she prints the papers for me without hesitation... (Sure! why not?)Is her reply in her sms ;D



Every time I went for classes, she unlike other tutors or school teachers would sit down and teach me. She would go through the questions and doubts which I have with a sense of duty. (Mind you, she listens makes an attempt to show understanding, she does not rush through nor does she give a brief explanations, she goes through questions one by one. Step by step, concepts taught were clear and understandable. Her patience and positivity is clearly noticeable whenever she teaches. Her passion for teaching is a character which I respect.
You will know it when you attend her lessons. You will notice the difference between the teachings in school and those taught by Ms Ang.Only then can you comprehend my testimonial...
Ms Ang goes the extra mile to pass mathematical concepts, formula to her students. Students like me whom was clueless, hopeless even as described by my parents as birdbrain! Nonetheless, I no longer view math as a burden, I view math as a subject to be mastered slowly with a passion developed by teachers like Ms Ang! The Best is Yet to Be, Ms Ang is one of the few teachers I truly would respect. She is a role model for me to follow. I would want to coach others like how she teaches us in future, with her as guidance I know I would never go wrong. Ms Ang is and will always be my teacher /idol in my heart.


Well Done Ms Ang! Jia you! Thank you for your guidance and support whenever I am in despair >.<


Love, SiYing. Take Care! (Student since 2010)
Zhenghua Secondary School




Miss Jolyn Ang is a very devoted and caring teacher that goes an extra mile in coaching and teaching her students. Her highly effective teaching methods have allowed me to grasp important Additional Mathematics concepts and formula. In addition, she is very patient and will not hesitate to explain the more challenging questions to me slowly until I am able to understand it. I always enjoy attending lessons under Miss Ang. Due to Miss Ang's constant coaching and encouragement, my Mathematics' results have greatly improved. Thank you very much for your help and motivation! :)
Andrew Leong
Kranji Secondary School





I enrolled in Ms Ang’s Additional Mathematics class only at the start of secondary 4. Previously, I had failed quite an astounding number of tests and therefore, hated Additional Mathematics. However, under Ms Ang’s wonderful and patient guidance as well as all the efforts she placed in to help me, I made great improvements and started liking Additional Mathematics, finding joy in doing additional mathematics papers. Ms Ang is an amazing and understanding teacher who is always happy to help her students (even when it’s 3 hours before our ‘O’ level additional mathematics exam). Thank you for everything Ms Ang! =D
-Liew Zi Yan, BPGHS



She is a caring and helpful teacher. :) Whenever i've doubts with my schoolwork, she would help me with them, despite it might already be past the tuition timing. She also teaches me a lot of shortcuts on dealing with the problems which my school did not teach me on. The worksheets that she gives me brings me to a higher challenge to Maths. My school did not provide such luxury though. This gives me a more expanded knowledge and skill in solving them. The environment is also very cosy and it makes me feels like as though i'm having tuition at home !
Joyce Lim ( Hillgrove Sec)


Ms Ang is a very good, experienced and patient tutor. Her teaching methods are very clear and easy to grasp. In the rare event that you still do not understand these concepts, she will teach you over and over again until you understand. My math marks improved from a C6 to A1 under her tutorage.
Timothy Yap ( St Patrick's School)

She is a very patient and caring teacher as she always makes sure that the student understand the topic before moving on to the next topic. I never regret joining her class as I feel I had improved tremendously :D :)
Alicia Ong (Kranji Sec)


Teaches in a clear manner. Also can explain problems well for the students to understand. Has helped me understand math formulas better.
Cheok Baole (Crescent Girls School)


I was introduced to Ms Ang by my sister a few weeks before my S3 MYE . Back then, I had failed quite a number of tests and had somehow predicted that I may fail my upcoming Amath exam too. However, under Ms Ang's guidance, I've managed to pass my paper successfully . From then on, I managed to ace in both maths under Ms Ang's teachings. Her lessons are enjoyable and she's always patient towards me . Thanks to Ms Ang , I've gained confidence and joy in solving math sums. My results for double maths in O's , can only be achieved because of Ms Ang's help. Thank you Ms Ang ! :D
Lee Jiaying (BPGHS)

It was a godsend opportunity that I managed to enroll myself into the Additional Mathematics tuition class under Ms Ang; who is a wonderful, patient and understanding tutor. Being weak in my Additional Mathematics since the start of Secondary 3, I had risked scoring F9s and E8s for my Additional Mathematics. It was the effort Ms Ang had put in, which saved me from scoring an E8 in my Secondary Four End Of Year Examination and I managed to obtain a satisfactorily grade (B3) for my End Of Year Examination within a short duration of three months. It is considered a great improvement for me as I was able to improve my result by five grades within a few months’ time. Hence, I really appreciate the effort and tactics taught by Ms Ang during this period of time. I used to be long-winded in my answering techniques which cost me a lot of time during examinations and I used to have troubles in finishing my papers on time. Fortunately, Ms Ang comes to my rescue! She was able to point out my mistakes and even helped me to save time by canceling out unnecessary workings. Our class had always enjoyed having lessons with Ms Ang as she is sweet natured and caring towards her students.

Ms Ang, I have to thank you for your teachings and confidence in me (and yes, I am going to miss you so much! )

Sherlyn Goh (Bukit Panjang Government High School)




I remembered getting a big F9 for my additional mathematics for this year common test one. And it is maths, one of the strongest subject I'm in,but I actually gotten a F9 for it! At then, i felt very helpless and hopeless of passing the upcoming class test,let alone the mid-year exam.However somehow through the help of friends,I got to know miss ang. It was miss ang who helped me to build my foundation from the scratch till I'm quite stable in additional mathematics. And so,i managed to pass the following class test.However,even so,I still felt very hopeless about getting an A like what I used to in this year's mid-year examination for this maths.but it was miss ang's active teaching and notes which proved me wrong. Ever since,I have always been getting an A forA Maths.Also,I believe miss ang will still be capable to guide me to get not just only an A in the future,but an high A.(:
Toh Jia Min (BPGHS)



Ms Ang's lessons are fun and enjoyable. :D She is a nice, patient and caring teacher! I started attending the lessons around June 2010 with a grade of C6. Back then, I hated Maths and i felt it really tedious to solve sums. However, i miraculously found myself ENJOYING to do each sum after her lessons. Each lesson, she cleared most of my doubts and as time progressed, i felt more confident. Finally in the End Of Year Exams, i managed to get a grade of A1. I couldn't have attained this grade without the help of Ms Ang :)
Ms Ang's lessons are also interesting and unique. The classroom is a fun, learning environment. Her style of teaching is rather unique, and not to mention, free sweets! :D
Thank you Ms Ang! :D you're a great teacher :D
-Denise YRL (Kranji Sec)




" Ms Ang's lessons are the most effective among all tuition centres. Within minutes, she can enable me to gain full knowledge of the topics I am weak in. Just a glance, she can spot out the mistakes I commit. Furthermore, no question is ever tough for Ms Ang. She is always patient when teaching us and is willing to repeat over and over again till we understand. She allow me to gain interest in Additional Mathematics, which I had improved greatly from last year. With Ms Ang's useful techniques, I face Additional Mathematics with more confidence."

Marcus Liau Xian Jin, BPGHS






" Tutor Jolyn is nice, witty, efficient and patient. She never fails to answer those repeated questions that I have always asked. She explains until I fully understand. Her explanations are always clear and easy to understand. Her learning environment is clean and confortable, giving me an ideal place to study in. My grades had always remained at a grade accepted by my level and parents (: . Thank you, tutor Jolyn ! "

Ang Huiyee, Kranji Sec



" Ms Ang is a wonderful teacher ! She is patient and committed to her teaching. She has helped me understand Mathematics (a subject which I am very weak in) better. Her clear and concise notes had enabled me to tackle different types of questions. When I don;t understand some questions and I asked her to explain again, she will explain it to me clearly and make sure that I understand it. Under Ms Ang's guidance, I have more confidence in doing Mathematics !"

Eunice Liew, BPGHS


" Remembering the days when i was nearing my GCE "O" levels examinations, additonal mathematics was the nightmare of the 7 subjects i am taking. I tried all sort of revisions and helps from friends/teachers/tutors but my A.maths results remained at a constant grade, F9. Until when my aunt introduced to me a full-time tutor, Ms Ang(Jolyn). Initially i thought it just another waste of time and $$ as i have completely lost FAITH and confidence in solving A.maths. However, little did i realise that Jolyn has made a great turning point in my A.maths results.Just on the first day of the 1 on 1 lesson, the first statement she say was,
" If u are co-operative with me, i can guarantee a C6 for ur O lvl Amaths."
Then i looked at my handphone, its only..2-3weeks from O lvl A.Math examination. I gave myself a chance and trusted her words. And now i nvr regret every moment spent at her house, revising A.maths. Under her teachings and guidance i studied very hard for the subject and went through every topic of A.maths. She patiently started from scratch and yet can build up my basic foundation quickly. It was indeed rush and urgent as time tickles, but i nvr gave up and pushed myself to the best wad i could.


During last few lessons, i realised a change of my attitude towards a.maths; i felt powerful and stronger as days goes by. Then ultimately, on the day when i have to put my abilities to test...equipped with all the necessary knowledge...i managed to get a B4. Maybe B4 is not wad many wanted to get, but personally it was a utmost achievement to me, a great leap of 5 grades in short time..who could have pushed me so far...it no other than Ms Jolyn Ang!


Her fees are acceptable and the 2hr time is very flexible. Trust me fellow sec 4 students, it is my fortune to have attended her lessons during my most crucial and darkest days of my sec sch life. No matter how tough it may be, as long as u are willingly to give urself a chance, just a chance, u will realise that ur limits are much further and stronger than wad u think. I am certain and confident that Ms Ang will make u FEARLESS and INVINCIBLE towards Mathematics. Lastly wishing all a happy CNY and all the best for ur O lvl! "


Zen Tay, Nan Hua High


" I had achieved much under Ms Ang's guidance and had shown tremendous improvement. If not for her help, I would not be able to catch up with the rest in class and achieve an "A" in my End of Year Result for Additional Mathematics. "

Boo JiaYan, BPGHS

" This tuition has been the most inspirational course in my entire life. I feel like I have achieve so much. Taking into account that my result had improved in just a month is unbelievable! "

Elvis Wong, BPGHS

" After attending the lessons, I have really improved a lot. I was scoring a B4 when I did not have this tuition, but now I scored an A1 in Maths. The teacher is a really kind and helpful teacher. Although the duration of the lesson is 1hr and 30 mins, she will make sure that we have finished our homework before we can go. While teaching new topics, she has examples of the topic and will explain to us how to do very clearly. Through this tuition, I have learnt that if you want to score well, you will have to work with the teacher. She is really a great teacher. "

Cheong Huishi. TWSS




" Ms Ang is a very patient teacher, even if I asked her the same question for a few times, she would answer my question as if I am asking for the first time. Her teaching method allows me to understand the topic better and she also emphasizes the part whereby we should be exposed to different types of questions so that during exam we will be prepared for a diversity of questions. "

Yong Kai Ting, BPGHS




" The lessons are very fun and interesting. There is a good study environment and it is helpful for learning. On top of that, there are sweets provided to keep you awake."

Dawn, TWSS


" The lesson is very valuable for us since we are into the additional maths lesson. Not only that, the methods taught made us understand better and it makes it easier for us to solve the questions. For example, the method that we learnt during the lesson on "modulus", is fast and easy to understand. Moreover, the time limit to answer the questions can be shortened. Furthermore, the lessons also challenged our minds and further our knowledge."

Derek, Nissa, TWSS